Thursday, May 20, 2021

Butterfly Birthday and Anniversary


For these cards, I used up two more card parts that had been on my table - the backgrounds. I had tried a technique that didn't work for me very well. I'm not even sure I remember what I had done, but I think that I used a background stamp with Versamark. On this first one, I simply brushed the color directly over that. You can kind of see the stamping - I used an old Stampin' Up! background called "Just Jeans." The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The butterfly was cut with a new-to-me die. I added a patterned paper backing to it and popped up the wings with foam squares.


If you look closely at this one, you can see that I used a different, old Stampin' Up! background stamp. Then I used a stencil to add the color over that. The sentiment is again from PTI. The butterfly is cut from a light purple foil cardstock and I added vellum behind it and again popped up the wings with foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Both nice cars, particularly like the second one you used stencil!

Cheryl W said...

That butterfly die is really beautiful. I love the way you backed each one with vellum and DSP. As for creating backgrounds, I'm not always successful, either. I like trying, but lots of mine have ended up being used for die-cuts.

Leslie Miller said...

When I look closely I can see the Just Jeans in the first card. Cool to have the blend of color over top. That's still one of my all time favorite background stamps. I can also see the faint background on your second card, but I don't recognize it. I love the ghostly effect of it. Both pretty cards with your new butterfly die and great sentiments. BTW, I just came from checking out stencils at Amazon... wow, so many!