Saturday, March 5, 2022

Hello and Thank You with Baby Wipes and Stencils

I tried a technique that I had tried quite a while ago but with no success. It worked a little bit better for me this time. I ink-blended ink onto cardstock, then ran it through my BIGkick with a stencil and a baby wipe. (From bottom to top: rubber mat, ink-blended cardstock, stencil, baby wipe.) On this card, I used regular cardstock and Gina K inks. The sentiment is a few layers of white, topped with a layer of metallic pinkish-purplish. I also spritzed each one with a bit of water, but that mostly doesn't show up.
For this one, I used distress inks and a super-super-cheap watercolor paper.
This one uses Gina K ink and the super-super-cheap watercolor paper. I stamped the sentiment (from Avery Elle) with Versamark and embossed with clear powder. Then I used foil on it. That technique does not work well for me, and I don't think I'll try it again. I mounted the matted sentiment on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are really pretty, and when I enlarged your photos, I could see your water splatters. Do you think the colors on the first card are a little brighter because there is a finish on the CS that keeps the ink from soaking in? The colors you used go so well together.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm definitely trying this. It looks amazing. I've jotted down all your information. Thanks, Lynette!

Patti J said...

So pretty! I’m going to have to give this a try!!! Do you have plates on top and bottom of your sandwich, as well? Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!