Friday, March 4, 2022

In Support of Ukraine


In support of Ukraine, Gina K has produced this digital image and sentiments. They are available here. The full $3.99 price will be donated to the Global Empowerment Mission. The colors of Ukraine's flag are blue and yellow. Their national flower is the sunflower.

I printed mine on a laser printer and used a specialty gold foil on it. I colored with light Copic markers and matted with black. The sentiment is mounted on foam squares. The background was done with a cover plate die.


I used the "negative" piece of the foil with a toner sheet to produce this shiny gold piece. I know it's very hard to see the black-lined image, but it's there. I matted this one with black, also, and again popped up the sentiment. I hope you all will consider getting your own image, or helping, even just a little bit, in some way.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Thank you for letting us know about Gina K's efforts to help support the Ukrainian people. We were moved to make a substantial donation to an organization, as well, after researching one that is directly helping families. I know every little bit helps.

Your cards are lovely. It's such a good idea to use the negative piece of foil, too. I have to remember that trick.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

My heart is breaking for the people in Ukraine! How nice of Gina K to support the Ukrainian people in this way and for your card to support them as well!

Leslie Miller said...

Thank you for showing your pretty cards with such a darling stamp. I didn't know about it, but I just now went and ordered one. It's good of Gina to do this.

Patti J said...

Wow, these are beautiful! I need to get that Digi…my heart hurts so much for the folks in the Ukraine. Thanks for sharing!