Sunday, March 19, 2023

Fall Birthday

For some reason, Michael's gave me a $5 gift card. So, of course I had to spend it. I hadn't been in a Michael's for quite a long time. I found a 12 x 12 matstack that was on sale for $4.99. Perfect! They didn't even charge me tax on it. It had many pretty fall patterns in it, plus some solid colors. The piece I used on this card was part of a "cut-apart" sheet. This particular section was the area outside the gold foil. Inside the gold foil frame were some gold lines - perhaps for journaling?? At any rate, I carefully cut the lined section out. Then I found a patterned sheet in the matstack that I liked in the center. I foiled a piece of ivory cardstock with gold, creating the sentiment which I popped up on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, you really brought this together and it's so beautiful! It would be a perfect fall birthday card. A Michaels nearby would be great, but we have nothing. I miss our most awesome craft shop that closed a few years ago.

Cheryl W said...

What a clever way to use that cut-apart piece. It looks perfect! I'm going to look at some of the cut-aparts I have with new eyes.

Wanda said...

Very pretty. I LOVE the die cut words. SO pretty