Sunday, July 30, 2023

Birthday Daisies

I've seen cards like this in a few places. One of them was on my friend, Vicki's, blog. I hadn't looked at hers since I first saw it, so I was doing it from memory and I like hers better! But, I did mine the easier way. I simply added the square/diamond in the middle and then added the black strips. I colored with Copics and added some Star Dust Stickles to the flower centers. The flowers are from Sheena and the sentiment is from Stampendous.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Sweet card. I'm going to have to try your way of doing this layout. It seems a lot simpler than adding the larger pieces and trimming them. Much easier to trim a thin piece. Great job!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You did a great job creating the "faux shutter" card. It really is an easy card to make whether you do it on a solid background or with multiple pieces of dsp.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Oh, and I love the flowers you stamped in the center!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's a cool design! I suspected you cut the yellow paper and pieced it together. You do get the most precise little strips when you cut. There could be no better flowers for the center of a yellow card than these pretty daisies!

Cheryl W said...

You figured out a very clever way to make an interesting design. I love what you did on this card, including the sparkly-centered daisies in the center.

Patti J said...

Oooh, I like this! I’ve seen it with patterned papers, but never with solid cardstock. Great job! Love it!