Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Birthday Wishes

The background for this card was made by cleaning off my brayer. I added flowers and leaves from my cards parts - they are from Altenew. The piece across the center is an opaque vellum, and I added thin black strips on each side. The sentiment is from Gina K. I used a couple black "nail heads" to accent the sentiment. I also added a bit of sparkle to the spots in the flower center.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Wanda said...

A clean brayer is always a good thing but even better when you can use the card stock you cleaned it off on! Wonderful idea and beautiful card

Lynne in NI said...

What a lovely card Lynette - great layout, beautiful flower and your background looks fab!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, and that Breyer was a perfect background maker! Love this!

Cheryl W said...

So, so pretty! I love the yellow flower against the pink background. It's such a good idea to clean your brayer off on a clean white piece of cardstock. I really need to remember to do that, instead of just wiping the excess ink away with a cloth.

Leslie Miller said...

I have a pad of paper full of sheets very similar to the ones you make by cleaning off your brayer. Pretty!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

How fun that you were able to create a pretty background for that flower by simply cleaning off the brayer!