Saturday, June 18, 2022

Birthday Butterflies

I received two huge totes of wood-mounted stamps from a friend. I had actually told her I wasn't interested, but I got them anyway! So, I went through them and picked out a few things that I thought I might use. I'm in the process of finding homes for all of the rest of them. (And doing quite well with that, so far.) There were a few things other than wood-mounted stamps, and I used one of them on this card. There was a very thin "tube" that was actually an ink dauber with shades of purple on each end. I simply dabbed a piece of white cardstock with each end to make this background. It's really hard to tell that there are two shades of purple.  I matted with purple, and also pulled out three butterflies from my "card parts book." I added tiny gems to the butterflies's bodies and drew antennae on them, also. The sentiment was a rub-on that was already matted on the white cardstock. I matted that with purple, too, and popped it up on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Love all those shades of purple. Your background looks very cool - I thought it was DSP before I read your post. Great card that sounds like it came together pretty quickly.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the background you created with the daubers. Your butterflies from the card parts match perfectly.

Patti J said...

What fun to go through treasures! Your card is so sweet. I love your purple daubs, and those darling butterflies are great! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, a treasure trove. It's easy to say "no" until you have them in hand. Good luck finding homes for them. I used to have some of these ink daubers. Very many years ago. You know how I purge, so they found a new home eventually. You made this into a very pretty card with those delicate butterflies!