Monday, June 27, 2022

Glitter Flowers

When I recently cut out a sentiment from glitter cardstock, I used some flower dies to cut these out of the left-over. I used them on this card, rather than put them into my card parts. I glued them onto some black cardstock and then embossed the entire panel with a Darice embossing folder - my favorite one. I added it to some purple cardstock and then another layer of black. I added the sentiment and added it to an ivory card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I took a close look at your photo to see the embossing. It's subtle but perfect for adding some texture to the background. This would make a great anniversary card--even for a 50th anniversary with those glitzy, gold flowers.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, I've seen you use this folder a lot. It's good for just about any kind of design. Love those sparkly flowers on black. Glad I stopped by today, Lynette. I'm almost caught up on my blog visits -- yay!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Fun use of the glitter flowers and then embossing the entire piece with that folder.

We all know that saying, "Waste not - want not" so it was a great idea to cut a bunch of those flowers from the left over glitter paper. Waste not - want not also means that I have a lot of small pieces of card stock and dsp because I can't bring myself to throw them away!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, and what a great way to use up that leftover Cardstock!