Monday, March 22, 2021

Cheery Hello


It always feels so great to make a card after a long break. Well, it seemed like a long break, anyway! Like my last card, this card was in my head when I woke up one day a couple weeks ago. Luckily, I drew a sketch of it right away, or I would have forgotten it for sure.

All of the stamps I used for this card - the branch, the bird and the sentiment - are from the same Hero Arts set. I can tell it's really old, because it was made for Archiver's and Archiver's has been closed for many years. The windows were cut with a Papertrey Ink die. I stamped the branch, added the bird, and then carefully cut them out and colored them very simply with Copic markers. I was able to position the branch and bird so that the white part between the birds feet was on a section between windows. I added the patterned paper - from Bo Bunny - on to the card base and popped up the white panel with the windows and branch.

I had a huge project in my stamping room - took me over a week! My stamps had been in page protector sleeves in three-ring binders. It worked, but I had gotten too many and couldn't sort them out the way I wanted them. I had gotten way behind. So, I went through ALL of them and trimmed down the packaging or made more sleeves for the stamps sets so they now all open from the top. They are all in crates. I'm happy that I have done that! I still haven't gotten them sorted yet, though. They are all such different sizes, that I almost just have to sort them by size. I'm not thrilled with that part. I guess I'll have to play around with them more and see what I can do. The thing I most want to sort out is the stamp sets that are mostly sentiments. I loved having them together. Like I said, it was a huge project and now I have time for making cards again.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Love this, going to see if I can create something similar. Thanks for always providing inspiration.

Patti H. said...

Very cute card! I like your idea of keeping sentiments together but have not got into organizing mode long enough to get it done. I have all my stamps except wooden ones in SU clear flat boxes alphabettically on a bookshelf. I just need to remember what is in each set!😊

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Super cute card! Love the way you have the branch coming out from behind the left window.

Cheryl W said...

Really cute card, Lynette. I love the way the branch and bird are on the outside of your windows. And very clever of you to position the white between the bird's legs over the window separation piece.

Your organization project sounds complicated. Organization is almost impossible when it comes to stamps, especially sentiment stamps. I have my clear sentiment stamps sorted by type and put into heavy plastic expandable envelopes which are labeled. That way, when I want a sympathy stamp, I pull out the sympathy envelope. Of course, I also have quite a number of envelopes that are labeled "mixed sentiments" because each stamp set in them has a mixture of sentiments.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this, Lynette! It's simple, clean, and it's got that sweet little bird. Love how you positioned it so the white space between those skinny legs is invisible. It's the little things. Great feeling getting that far on your stamps. It does make it more difficult when they're all different sizes and the sets are mixed. I know you have SO Many stamps!