Sunday, March 14, 2021

Prayer Shawl Cards

I didn't even realize that our church made prayer shawls, but I found out we do. :) I was asked to make some cards to go with the prayers shawls that are given out. I was very happy to do so! The previous cards had this sentiment on them. It had been stamped. The person in charge of the cards wanted to continue using it. So, I printed out the sentiments on my computer. I used many different elements - and almost everything was in my card parts!! A win-win! I used up backgrounds that I had gotten years ago from someone else. I used up backgrounds that I had just made with my gel press. I embossed some backgrounds with embossing folders. I stamped silhouette flowers. I added flowers and leaves that I had stamped and added to my card parts. I used up a LOT of butterflies that were also in my card parts. All-in-all, I made 38 cards. It was fun and they are going to a good cause. I honestly don't know how quickly they will go, but I will happily make more when these are depleted.

Edited to add for my anonymous commenter: Here is a link to the file I created to print the sentiment. I tried the link and it definitely looks different than my original file, but it should help. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

Bea said...

Really like them. I crocheted prayer shawls for one of our churches and the saying on these are beautiful. I'm sure the recipients will appreciate them.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That was a wonderful project and the cards are very special!

Leslie Miller said...

My friend made prayer shawl cards. They knitted together as a group, but her forte was the cards to go with them. They gave out a LOT of prayer shawls! You've got a beautiful collection here and managed to use a lot of your spare parts. It probably won't be long before you'll be making more.

Cheryl W said...

I think you did an AMAZING job on those cards. They're beautiful! It was so nice of you to make them for your church, too. What a great way to use your supplies and your crafty talent. We'll need to get together again before too long. We'll be traveling, though, for a couple of weeks at the end of March/first week of April. Maybe sometime after that?

Darnell said...

These are beautiful, Lynette, and I'm sure they will be a keepsake for the grateful recipients! What a win-win, indeed, to be able to do this kind thing and use up your bits and bobs! Hope you aren't buried in snow!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Lynette, the cards are beautiful. I appreciate your talents. Count me in on watching your blog. Roberta E.

Patti J said...

What a wonderful thing to do! And your cards are lovely. The recipients will cherish them. Thanks for sharing!

Joan V said...

Beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

I've recently started a prayer shawl ministry , and would like very much to be able to print out your prayer cards. Is there a way for me to do that.