Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Happy Bird-day!



I woke up the other morning with this card in my head. Well, not the whole card, but just the layout. So, it was the first thing I did that day - made the card. I trimmed off the bottom inch of a standard card. Then I added an inch-thick strip of striped paper to the top of the card front and to the bottom of the inside. I added a thin strip of black to the sides of the striped paper and also to the bottom edge of the front of the card. Then I wasn't sure what to do next! I found this cute bird stamp from Gina K and decided to use it. I colored with Copic markers and added flat black "nail heads" to the eyes. The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up! set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Jo4Him said...

Super cute card. Love the layout

Cheryl W said...

This turned out so cute! I love the way you trimmed the inside with the striped paper and also added a black strip so when the card is closed it all looks completely coordinated. Cute stamp, too! It's funny how sometimes ideas come to us in our sleep and we just have to use them (or lose them) first thing in the morning.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love those cute little birds! Such a great happy card! Love the way you cut away the 1" from the front and added the striped paper to the inside!

Patti J said...

This is adorable! I love your fold and layout...must remember it! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous idea, Lynette, and I love the birds! I'm glad you got the card done before you forgot about it. I still have the stamp set that the sentiment belongs to. It's a favorite!