Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Oops - More Christmas Cards!

Well, I've done it again - made more Christmas cards! LOL! I stopped at Hobby Lobby on Saturday, and they had some dies for 75% off and I couldn't resist getting this set. It's by Spellbinders. The set consists of the ornaments, two pieces that make a matting for it, and two different ornament toppers.

On this first card, I used the main die on both white cardstock and gold foil cardstock. Then I used both border pieces on the gold foil and only one on the white. Then I glued the gold onto the white. The ornament toppers were cut from silver foil cardstock. The sentiments on both cards are from a mini-set from Papertrey Ink. I embossed this one with gold. I added a thin strip of gold foil across the top of the white panel. The patterned paper is from a matstack from Recollections.
For this second card, I cut the ornaments, with both borders, from silver glitter cardstock. Then I used just the border pieces to cut the matting for the ornaments out of red. I cut the toppers out of gold glitter cardstock. The patterned papers are from the same matstack as the first card. I stamped the sentiment in black.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty! And I must go to Hobby Lobby today..will certainly check out the dies! Love this a lot! Thanks for enabling me!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You make me want to pull out some of my Christmas dies. That's a really great deal you got on those ornaments!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow, 75% off makes them really affordable. I can see why you picked up this die set. It makes gorgeous Christmas cards--I love them both. It's so great that the dies are included to cut a backing for the ornaments. So much easier than fussy-cutting them.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, of course you couldn't resist! At that price? Sheesh! Cute cards, Lynette!