Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Let's Craft and Create - Purple and Green Challenge

I'm entering this card (and I guess the second card qualifies, also) into the "Let's Craft and Create" challenge. You can find it here. The challenge is to use purple and green. 

I was going to try to convince a friend (who asked about a gel press) to get a gel press. I just can't do it. I'm not very successful at it! But I have a few pieces that I'm going to use, nonetheless. I used the gel press on both of these cards. First I had stamped and white heat-embossed the image, from Gina K. I used the gel press about three times, I believe. Then I added the dots - from Altenew. The "Hello" die is from Altenew, also. I matted with black and added a few green and purple gems.

Same technique on this card. I matted it with a black piece that I die-cut a few weeks ago. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts. I used a black Perler Pen for the "pearls."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

So glad you entered the green and purple challenge. Your cards are beautiful! I thought you had ink-blended the background, as they both have such a smooth transition between colors. The black lacy edge on the second card is really pretty, too. It looks to me like you're rockin' the gel press. I say, keep going with it and make some more.

Leslie Miller said...

You have two beautiful cards here with the white embossing on prettily colored backgrounds. No gel press for me, but I've seen some lovely things done with it, including today's cards.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Let's Craft and Create Challenge this time and good luck :)