Friday, March 12, 2021

Sympathy

My husband's aunt died this week. She was the last aunt or uncle that either of us had. Here is the card I made for her family. I just realized as I was preparing this post that the image was made in combination with my latest card. This image was made by stamping with the gel press after being used on the embossed image from the last card. It's quite light, but I do really like it. I used a die plate for the background. Both the image and the sentiment are from Gina K.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the death in your extended family. It's particularly sad because she was the last aunt on either side. I have three aunts left and they are quite elderly; two of them are in their 90s, and one is in her 80s. I treasure them and hope they are around for years to come. Your card is beautiful. The soft image is perfect for a sympathy card. I'm certain the family will appreciate your thoughtfulness in sending them a handmade card.

Leslie Miller said...

It is very light and soft, but that's what makes it so pretty. I'm sorry for your husband's loss. When my parents had passed and then Rich's parents had both passed, it was the strangest feeling to realize we were now the matriarch and patriarch of our families. It doesn't seem that long ago that our son was born and we were listening to 70's rock.

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous, and the softness of the image is perfect for a sympathy card. Nicely done!