Wednesday, October 14, 2020

By Amelia #2


Here is another card by our granddaughter, Amelia. She said she was inspired by my card from yesterday. 😊 She kind of used it for her layout, but this card was all her. It started out by me showing her that you can use bubble wrap to ink up a background. She choose the color. Then she said that she would like an elephant in a party hat holding a bunch of balloons. I thought that might be difficult! But then I remembered I had a few stamped and die-cut elephants from several years ago that I made when I was visiting stamping friends in Omaha. No party hat, though! I showed her my balloon dies and she chose this one, and she used glitter paper that matched the background quite well. She sketched the elephant so that she could practice coloring it. She also sketched this flower again. By the way, I'm sorry that I didn't make clear the other day that she drew this flower based on a Gina K stamp. But she did it in about five seconds! She used Copic markers to color the elephant. The sentiment is from an older Gina K set. She matted with glitter paper cut with a scalloped Nestability. The elephant, sentiment and two balloons are mounted on foam squares. I believe the elephant is from Wplus9.
I
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I just adore this card! Amelia has a good eye for color tones. I love the background and everything about it. She is one talented girl! ps: Got your card! Oh, the colors! Thank you!

Cheryl W said...

Amelia is an amazing young artist! I love her elephant card. I hope she makes some more cards that you can feature on your blog.