Friday, October 30, 2020

Leafy Wreath


I've watched Gina K and Jennifer McGuire use a wreath builder template, but I didn't have one. So I made my own. Then I used it to make this card. I used a leaf stamp from a Gina K set as my only image. I colored the leaves with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. I just smushed the ink onto my glass mat and then used a tiny bit of water and a paint brush. The sparkle is quite pretty, in real life. I added some tiny gem stickers between the leaves. The sentiment is from another Gina K set. I matted both the sentiment panel and the image panel with black. I mounted the sentiment panel on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love the wreath you created! It's a really great card!

Hope to be back checking out your blog more regularly now. I've missed seeing all the things on the blogs I visit.

Cheryl W said...

I clicked on your photo and then enlarged it to see the sparkle on the leaves. It really is pretty! Love this simple wreath design. I've been thinking about getting out my handmade wreath template and making a few cards. You always seem to inspire me with the right thing at the right time!

Leslie Miller said...

I know of other stampers who have made their own templates, and I find you all very clever. It sure makes wreath building easier! I do love a wreath. This one is very pretty with the sparkle and gems!