Friday, January 8, 2021

More Christmas


Well, I have three more Christmas cards to share with you today! Not sure what's up with that. :) Actually, I love making Christmas cards, and this year I know that I can make extras and donate them to the thrift store that a friend works at!

So, after I made yesterday's card, I put the snowflake Impressability away. But, I decided that I would use it again, so I got it out and I made these cards. For this first one, I inked up the Impressability with soft silver ink, then embossed. I matted with shimmery silver cardstock. I added a strip of vellum towards the bottom. Then I added a die-cut sentiment, which I cut from silver glitter cardstock, and also three times from white, and layered them together.
For this second one, I used it like a stencil and used blue ink. I matted with blue. I stamped the sentiment, from Lawn Fawn, with black ink on vellum and embossed with black embossing powder.
This third card is a combination of the first two - same technique as the first card and same sentiment as the second one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I had actually intended to keep making some Christmas cards but other things got in the way.My favorite card of the three is the first one! I love the embossed silver sentiment on vellum!

Patti J said...

These are stunning! I love the addition of vellum over the embossing...so elegant! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Cheryl W said...

These all turned out beautifully. I really like both the blue and the silver. I like making Christmas cards, too. Mostly, I think, because I have more Christmas dies and other supplies than I do for any other occasion.

Leslie Miller said...

All three beautiful! You've definitely shown the versatility of an Impressibility plate!