Monday, January 11, 2021

Two-Fer Card Challenge #34 - Flowers

I made these two cards for the Two-Fer Card Challenge #34 - Flowers. The challenge is to make two cards using the same stamp, for different occasions. 
The stamps that I used for these two cards are all from Gina K. For this first one, I embossed with black embossing powder and watercolored the image. I matted with black and used patterned paper for the background. I also scattered several tiny gems around and about.
This second card is embossed with silver embossing powder. I matted with shimmery silver cardstock. My card base is ivory. I used chalks (imagine that!!) to barely, barely add some subtle color to the image.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that floral stamp! My favorite is the first one because the colors are so pretty and the way you mounted it at an angle.

Leslie Miller said...

Great job with the Twofer, Lynette! I sure love that gingham background with your pretty flowers, and the subtle look is perfect for sympathy. Two distinctly different designs.

Bonnie said...

Two wonderful floral cards, Lynette! I love the bright colors and gingham background of your first card and the softer colors of your sympathy card! Two very different designs and occasions! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are so beautiful, Lynette! I love purple so that first card really caught my eye. Your watercoloring is just wonderful. The second card's more subdued colors are perfect for a sympathy card. I always think they should be "quiet," with gentle colors. Yours fits that de scription to a tee. Your cards just keep getting better and better!

Darnell said...

Chalk! Look at you bringing out an oldie-but-goodie, Lynette! That's a beautiful image and your coloring is excellent! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

You chose such a lovely image for your twofer, Lynette ... your colouring on the first really pops against the white with the fine black border ... and how soft and subtle is the chalk finish with the elegant silver embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)