Sunday, September 19, 2021

Fall Birthday

I've had these leaves for many years. I took them out of my "Card Parts" book and turned them into cards. That finishes them off. (Thanks, Vicki!) I used blending brushes to add some extra color to them. For the background on this first one, I simply took an ink pad and dragged it down the page from the top. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.
This one is nearly identical, but I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background, and added a smidge of color around the edges. The card bases on both of these are ivory. The sentiment on this second one is matted and mounted on foam squares. It's stamped on ivory textured paper that came with a torn-looking edge.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love them both! Great mega leaves and sentiment. I recently gave away this embossing folder when I was trying to make space, and now I've seen it used several times and I wish I had it back. Isn't that the way it goes? Sheesh.

Cheryl W said...

I love the look you achieved by dragging your ink pad down the paper. I'm going to give that a try. It looks like you used a light touch and your ink pad wasn't too juicy. These both turned out great, and those fall leaves were the perfect embellishments.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You are very welcome! Lovely fall cards!

Patti J said...

Lynette, love this card! The fall leaves are beautiful, the textured embossing folder feels like this time of the year, and I love the tip about dragging the ink pad down your panel! Thanks for sharing!