Friday, September 3, 2021

More Online Card Class Cards

I really want to try to make cards like most of the cards in the Online Card class that I took. So, here are two more. These are made by sort of "pleating" cardstock - doing an accordion-fold. On this first one, the folded cardstock is behind the open area of a die-cut peice. I also matted with the same color cardstock. The sentiment is from Gina K and is stamped in a dark gray.  I brushed just a hint of color around the edge of the sentiment panel.

This second one uses the same method, but is trimmed into a heart. To the bottom of the heart, I added a white bow that has been sitting around my craft table for a few years! The background is embossed with a Darice folder and has ink brushed around the edges. This sentiment is also from Gina K and is also stamped in dark gray.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Two great cards! Eventually I hope to try more of their ideas.

Leslie Miller said...

Definitely an interesting effect to have it behind the die cut, and such a beautiful die cut it is! I've always loved when you use this die. Card #2 with the heart is super sweet and pretty, and the embossed background is ideal with it!

Cheryl W said...

I really love that first die-cut. Your pleated paper made me think of my paper crimper. I think I could use that for the same type of effect. I'll have to give it a try.

Patti J said...

Wow! These are SO impressive! I’m loving what you’re learning and sharing!