Monday, September 20, 2021

Happy Eighth Birthday, Wyatt!

Our youngest grandchild, Wyatt, turned eight yesterday. Can you believe it? He is doing so, so awesome. Here is the card that I made for him. It's a five by seven inch card, and very thick. Good thing it was hand-delivered. The letters were die-cut from red glitter cardstock. The monsters were fussy-cut from a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock from Recollections and mounted on foam squares. All the cardstock I used on this card was from the same matstack, except for the glitter cardstock. I added a strip of a different pattern across the center. I also die-cut some balloons from glitter cardstock, and drew in the strings.


Here is a view of the inside of the card. I got the instructions from the YouTube channel of Sam Calcott. Here is a link to this card, but she has many more amazing cards and projects.

A couple more views.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Happy birthday to Wyatt! And I hope he understands the amount of work that went into this beauty! Love all those flaps! You did a fantastic job!

Chookarooni said...

Happy Birthday to Wyatt - bet he loved this card!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such a fun card!!! It's hard to believe he is 8 years old already!!! I'll bet Wyatt loved seeing his name on the card. Glad to know he is doing so, so well.

Cheryl W said...

Wow! That card looks amazing! It must have taken you quite a while to create it. I love its bright colors and interactive quality. I'm sure Wyatt loved it, too.

Patti J said...

Wow! What a great card! Wyatt will love it to the moon and back! That’s the best card inside surprise ever!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, it does look bulky, but it's tons of fun and I know Wyatt loved it! You always do a very special job on his birthday cards. Time sure does fly!