Saturday, September 18, 2021

Quilled Flowers


I've had my quilling tool and quilling strips out for a while now, but just couldn't get motivated to use them. I finally did. When I'm not doing quilling, I sometimes think it would be fun to do some quilling. Then, when I'm doing quilling, I realize that, nah, it's not so fun! LOL! But, I did finish these two cards. The patterned paper on this first card is from Gina K. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

This second card is the first of a few "card parts" cards that I will be sharing over the next few days. It features another quilled flower. The green piece had been die-cut and was in my card parts book. I stamped the sentiment (from My Favorite Things) with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I added a few rhinestones from Gina K. The card base is ivory. The matting behind the green panel is a textured ivory paper. This design is from a quilling calendar that I received MANY years ago. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I've done quite a bit of quilling years ago and think it is beautiful.

Gloria

Cheryl W said...

You did such a nice job on your quilling. Both of your cards are really pretty. I tried quilling on a card a few years ago, but I think it didn't turn out so well. I kind of gave up on it. Everytime I see it though, I think that I should try doing it again. You're so good at using up your card parts, and you always inspire me to use my own. Thanks for that!

Leslie Miller said...

You did good, Lynette! A lot of things might sound fun, but... You have two cute cards as a result of your efforts!