Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Lovely Birthday


The next three day's cards will all feature this butterfly. I had a few of them in my "Card Parts" book from a years-ago stamping get-together. The background was also in my book - I'm pretty sure it's from Taylored Expressions, but not certain. I had glued the butterfly (cut with textured cardstock) to a white background, but I was able to separate the pieces and blend  a couple colors of ink to the backing. I added foam squares under the wings near the body for some dimension. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, pretty! The colors all sure work together. It's been a long time since I've done anything in a group.

Patti J said...

This is SO pretty! Your colors are cheerful and uplifting, and I love the dots! Beautifully done, my friend!

Cheryl W said...

Your ink blending underneath the butterfly wings looks SO pretty! Way to use up those card parts. It feels good, doesn't it, but somehow they seem to multiply and there are always more of them!!!