Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Valentine??

I did it! :) I got my card parts all gone through. I made eleven cards one day a couple weeks ago and used up the last of my un-filed ones. I sorted them all out, threw some away, and put the die-cut pieces and other small pieces into card sleeves. I have four-pocket sheets for storing my embossing folders and had some extras. I used those for my stamped and embossed and other background pieces. There were several pieces that I just didn't want to put anywhere, so it was either use them or toss them. So, for the next many days you'll be getting more card-part cards.

The card parts for this card are the heart (die-cut and matted), the sentiment (from Taylored Expressions, and the background. I'm pretty sure the background was done by inking up a Fiskars texture plate before embossing with it. It's a pale pink, but you can't see that very well, There were also a few red gems on the finished heart.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Valentine card! And so proud of you for going through all your "pieces/parts" and wish I could say the same thing. I so badly need to organize my stuff!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are welcome to start on mine if you'd like. :) Now you have a head start on Valentine's Day with your cute card!

Cheryl W said...

This is really pretty! You're ahead of the game for next Valentine's Day. You are definitely in the AP (advanced placement) class when it comes to using up card parts. I don't even have all mine in the same place, so I have no idea how many I actually have.

Leslie Miller said...

That's quite an accomplishment, Lynette, and a super cute card you made with the heart. When I don't feel like stamping I enjoy organizing almost as much. We've been away camping and I'm so far behind. Someday I'll stamp again.