Saturday, July 25, 2020

Washi Paper Birthday

The beautiful paper on this card was given to me by my daughter several years ago. She got it when she was in Japan. (Gosh, I guess that means it's about eleven years old!) It's hand-made Washi paper. There is one sheet each of eight designs, and each sheet is shiny/shimmery gold on the backside. I had to try to figure out how to show it off. I simply folded up one corner just a little bit and secured it with a brad. (Yes, I used two brads on this card!) I used a strip that I had cut off and stamped it with a Papertrey Ink stamp, embossed with black.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty paper! Perfect way to show off the reverse side. How special to have some from Japan.

Darnell said...

I love how you decided to showcase both sides of this beautiful paper from Japan, Lynette! I'll bet it's an "ooooh, let me feel it" kind of card in real life! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Joan said...

Beautiful paper and a great card to show it off. Love the turned up corner.