Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Critter Birthdays

Last year when we were at Taylored Expressions, I bought a stamp and die set. I used the "critter face" stamps and the dies right away and could never figure out what to do with the finished pieces. The other stamps in the set are all sentiments and none of them seemed to go with the dies at all. (They are nice sentiments - they just don't coordinate with the animals.) There is a fox, a pig, an owl and a cow. The stamps are just the face and the dies cut the shape. I will toss or give away the other two animals that I had made. For this first one, I used a previously die-cut frame. I popped the cow up with foam squares. The sentiment is from a very old Stampin' Up! set.
How is this for retro? I used an old Stampin' Up! corner punch. :) I embossed the green piece with a Darice embossing folder. I matted with white and placed them in the corner-punched piece. The sentiment on this one is from an old SU! set, also.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

very cute...I especially like the little cow!

Cheryl W said...

Your cow card made me chuckle--which is what we want when we miss someone's birthday, right? The owl card is definitely retro. It reminded me of all the critters that can be made with the Stampin' Up owl punch. Two super cards!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cute critters! Gotta love that cow though and the perfect sentiment to go with it! I don't remember seeing anything like that at Taylor's shop.