Friday, July 3, 2020

Poinsettia Christmas

This card base was in my card parts stash, also. The finished card is 3 3/4 x 6 inches. The oval is cut through the front and it's a tri-fold card but the front is actually double - I glued the very front to the middle section. I hope that makes sense! I added green cardstock behind the open oval. I stamped the poinsettia directly on the green and colored with a Copic marker. Then I stamped the poinsettia on white cardstock, cut it out with a die, and colored it. The poinsettia is mounted on foam squares. The poinsettia stamp and die, and the sentiment stamp, are from Recollections. Oh, I also embossed the front with an embossing folder, probably from Cuttlebug, but I'm not sure.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

This is really lovely and quite elegant!

Cheryl W said...

This turned out great! I really like that you popped the poinsettia up on foam tape for a little dimension. Do you like this smaller width of a card? I occasionally make 4" X 6" cards, and I kind of like that size.

Leslie Miller said...

I get what you mean and I love it! Beautiful poinsettia and love the embossing!