Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Black Magic Birthday

This technique has been around for a long time, but Gina K did it fairly recently and I tried it again. It's called "Black Magic." You stamp a solid image with white pigment ink on a black/dark cardstock and then color it with colored pencils. My image is from Paper Inspirations. I used Prismacolor pencils. I cut the ovals with Nestabilities and mounted on foam squares. I did the background with a stencil from Memory Box, first doing the leaves in green with the stencil and then adding blue over that. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card. I haven't seen this technique before, thanks for the inspiration. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, I used to do this and really loved it. At SCS it was called 'Pencils Over Ink'. I keep wanting to do it again, but just look at how you went ahead and actually did it. I'm inspired! Your coloring is so beautiful!

Cheryl W said...

Wow, that really turned out great, Lynette. I saw the video by Gina K demonstrating this technique. I thought it really looked like fun. I just need to dig through my stamps to see if I have any solid ones. Not sure I have any that would work.

Ian Shea said...

Nice share thanks for posting