Thursday, April 22, 2021

Stair-Step Anniversary

A few years ago, I cut several stair-step cards to send to a friend. I also cut a few for me. I have finally used the last one. I do like them, but I am not good about figuring out what to put on the all spots, since I am such a "clean and simple" card-maker. I basically just covered this one with patterned paper. The papers were all from the same matstack from Lasting Impressions, I think. I had gotten them from a friend several years ago at one of our Group Gatherings and I had promised to use them. I'm still working on them, Vicki! The main piece had the heart already on it. I had another piece with the same heart in a square, so I cut the second one out and mounted it on foam squares over the first one. I cut thin strips of the stripes and added to the sides by the heart. You can't even see the center step, but that one is covered with a printed ivory piece. I added the same dotted pattern to the furthest-back panel. I used a piece of textured ivory cardstock for the sentiment panel and added matching stripes to that. The sentiment is from Inky Antics.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I have had a lot of fun with step cards over the years--especially when it comes to making cards for my grands. Here's one I made for them years ago for Halloween: https://paperpanacea.blogspot.com/2013/10/another-fun-sidestep-card-for-halloween.html
Theyse cards really are versatile and easy to dress up with stickers, die-cuts, etc. Yours is a sweet anniversary card. The special fold will be a nice surprise to the recipient.