Sunday, April 25, 2021

Watercolor Technique Birthday

When I'm walking on my treadmill each morning, I often watch stamping videos. I usually forget to try out what I've watched, but this time I actually did. It was by Jill Foster, I believe, and it was the first time I'd heard of her. She used Arteza markers, but I used Zig Clean Color markers. I used the Zig markers directly on the stamp and then stamped on watercolor paper. Then I took a small watercolor brush and water and went over the image. I really like how it turned out. If I were artistic, I would have added something more, especially in the flower centers, but I didn't want to take a chance of ending up not liking it. The image and the sentiment are both from Gina K. I used patterned paper for the bottom layer.
This was my first trial. Before wasting a piece of watercolor cardstock, I wanted to make sure it would work! So, this is just regular cardstock. Not nearly as effective, but it sort of worked and of course I wasn't going to throw it out. After doing the stamping and "painting" I added some color to the flower centers. And then I stamped over it with a light gray ink. A different effect, but fine.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I like your water coloring. But you know what? I like the one on plain card stock better than the water color paper. Go figure lol!

Cheryl W said...

I think these are both really pretty. I need to go through my stamps and see if there are any that might work well using the technique you describe. I have quite a number of water color type markers, so it would be fun to see what I could do with them, since right now I rarely use them.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty, beautiful watercoloring with the markers. I have some watercolor markers but have just never been happy with how they turn out, I htink I may have to try the way you did yours.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Lynette, I love both of them! Pretty flowers, beautifully colored. They're gorgeous!