Thursday, April 15, 2021

Stenciled and Embossed Birthday

Another simple birthday card again for today. Really, there is no need for me to say "simple," since nearly all of my cards are simple!

I was going through my stencils last week and putting them in "sleeves" like my stamps. Didn't really take very long, as I don't have a ton, but it's nice to have them organized that way, also. Anyway, I came across this die-cut piece that I made many years ago at a Group Gathering that I had used as a stencil a few times. I used it to do the green part across this card. Then I used a large Cuttlebug folder to do the embossing and also my Scor-Buddy to add scored lines above and below the stenciling. I added the sentiment, from Papertrey Ink, and matted on black.

I am having a couple doubly-vaccinated friends over to play today. I am SO excited!! Another step toward "normalcy!"

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love your "simple" card. It has color, texture and a nice, clean style. So glad you're able to have some friends over to play. I'm so much more relaxed now that I'm double vaccinated. I'm looking forward to spending some time with vaccinated friends, too.

Leslie Miller said...

You know how I admire your CAS cards. This is a fun-to-do design with the stenciling and embossing. I've been trying to think how to organize my stencils. I like your idea! Rich and I get our second shot on Sunday. Then it will be a little wait, but soon I can have play dates, too!

Patti J said...

What fun! Love the card! And...can’t wait to hear about your vaccinated get together! We had so much fun at ours...can’t wait to do it again!