Monday, February 21, 2022

Alcohol Ink Flower

My first attempt at a flower with alcohol inks. I like the way it turned out. I made it a mini-slim line card. The piece I started with was 4 x 6 inches, so I just added a quarter inch strip of black on each side of it. I stamped the sentiment directly on the panel, but I didn't realize that it hadn't dried and I smeared it. I stamped the sentiment again, matted it and added it over the smeared stamping. I also used white and black Posca pens in the flower center.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! Wow! and Wow! You did a fabulous job with the inks

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is awesome!!! I'd love to see how you do it! I'm sure no two turn out the same but it looks like fun to do.

Jeanne H said...

Such a lovely flower. Great save, looks good.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, it looks just like an artsy flower! I'm totally amazed. It even has shading. You're good with the alcohol inks, Lynette!

Cheryl W said...

That flower is incredible! It looks so delicate, too, and I love the way you've finished off the center with the white stamens. You should definitely do more of these in other colors. I can only imagine how beautiful a brilliant blue or intense red would be.

Darnell said...

I'm finally stopping in to see this on your blog and it looks even more spectacular than on the laptop camera, Lynette! I am keeping a photo of this in my inbox to try and make one - or several, as gifts! I love the way you added the tendrils with your pens = smart! And great save on the sediment. Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

This is stunning, Lynette! I never think to use my alcohol inks or my gel press. Thanks foe the nudge!