Friday, February 25, 2022

Daisy Edgeabilities Birthday

I haven't used my Edgeabilities dies for years!!! I thought it was about time, so here is my first recent card. I have cut out a few more, so hopefully I will get a chance to finish them up and post them for you soon. I had made this intending for it to be a top-flap card, but I ended up turning it on its side. I did the cutting and embossing and then I colored slightly with Copics markers. I embossed the pink piece with a Darice folder. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. A while back, I bought some teeny circular magnets and I finally used a couple of them on this card to hold it closed. To cover the backside of the flap, I traced around the edge and carefully cut it out. However, upon searching for and looking at my previous Edgeabilities cards, I had a "Duh!" moment realizing that I could have used the die! That would have been so much easier. Oh well - this worked. The magnets are between layers of cardstock, just in case you were wondering.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty! Isn't it funny how we kind of go in streaks when using our tools and supplies? I have some fancy edge dies that I haven't used in a long time, too. I also have a lot of stamps that have been begging me to ink them up. I just need to find the time to do it!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO pretty! Love the perky, spring feel, and the colors a beautiful! Great card, dear friend!

LINDA said...

Great sharing. I love the new you, keep on posting this style.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, pretty! I've never seen these daisy Edgeabilities dies, but I have others that I still use frequently. Cute design and love that you embossed the pink, too!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty and fun to see those dies used again! I had them but sold mine at one of the craft sales I took things to.