Thursday, February 24, 2022

Stenciled and Stamped Butterflies


These cards "happened" because I had four pre-cut squares leftover from something. They were in my white cardstock stack and I was going through and getting rid of pieces that were just too small to use. I used a relatively newer-to-me stamp set from Gina K. I have stamps, dies and stencils with this set. I matted each square with black and added them to the card front. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. I added a few black sequins.


Then I used the last square for this card. I had actually started with this one and stenciled the background shape of the butterfly. However, I got some extra ink in the upper right-hand corner. I later decided to keep it and make it usable by ink-blending some more ink around the edges. I matted this one with black, also, and finished it very simply with just a sentiment. I added a few teeny, tiny black gems to the image and the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! I love both your cards, but the first one is really eye-catching with its trio of butterflies. That said, I really like the ink blending around the butterfly on the second card. Sometimes mistakes lead to a better end result!

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty butterflies! I love a paneled card like your first, and the second is so beautifully CAS. You'd never know it was a possible reject. I have tons of white scraps that need to be used. I keep trying!