Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Purple Foil Birthday


And this is (hopefully) the last of my card parts for a while. (Don't get me wrong! I still have LOTS of card parts, but they are all neatly filed away in a binder in clear pocket sleeves.) I had used a Gina K Foil Mates sheet and purple foil to make the purple-on-white foiled piece. Then I took the left-over piece and foiled it on a piece of white cardstock I had printed black on my laser printer. That way I could use the whole piece of foil. The parchment paper that I used was a bit crinkly, though, and the foiling didn't work all that well. I just cut the pieces down to the best parts and put them on this card. I started by placing them on a piece of black cardstock. Then I trimmed down the black piece to make a thin border all around. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I die-cut it and popped it up on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I have seen some of the wonderful foil creations IRL...and I can picture what a stunner this card must look like! Great use of the positive/negative space on the foil.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

A real "artsy" card. I like the irregular strips of the pretty pieces!

Leslie Miller said...

Spectacular the way it changes in the light! Love your design, too. It's been awesome catching up today!

Cheryl W said...

Your foiling is pretty in the photos, but I'm sure it's way more impressive in person. The design of your card is unique, which makes it even more special. I love the look of foiled designs and sentiments. I haven't foiled in quite a while, but I should. I often print sentiments out with my laser printer, and I need to remember to foil some of them.