Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Gel Press - Three Times

I asked for (and received!) a set of acrylic paints for Christmas. I wanted to use them with my gel press. I finally did, but I had kind of forgotten how to use them and I put quite a bit paint on the gel plate. Oh well - I still used the pieces. Can't toss them, you know! So here are the cards I made with them. I had used some ivory-colored, lightish paper. For this first one, I used glitter paper and dies to cut out the scene and the thanks. I also matted the panel with black.

All of my panels were cut with my Waffle Flower rectangle dies.
I used a die to cut the sentiment and then some off-white paper for the backing for it. I matted this one with black, also.

I used Altenew dies for this sentiment, and also some ferns. The die-cuts are all three layers thick and the top layer is glitter cardstock again. The card base on this one is white - the others were ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I've never seen a gel plate in person and don't know anything about them, but I like the backgrounds I see made with them. There is a use for everything, as you've shown here, so I also tend to keep what I might consider the fails. I like the texture which is most evident in the second card. Don't know if that's the paper or the plate. These cards look fabulous!

Cheryl W said...

This technique made some very unique backgrounds. I think the top one really looks like a nighttime sky. I'm sure you could even make it look like an aurora borealis with the right paint colors. The third one reminds me of some white ferns we saw growing in the forest when we hiked in Glacier National Park. I think the ferns were white because they didn't get enough sunlight. Cool cards!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! Great job with your gel press! Thanks for sharing with us!