Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

Two more valentines. I used a Papertrey Ink die to cut out the three squares on a thin piece of paper, then used that as a stencil to add the very pale pink. I used three Fiskars heart stamps to fill the squares. The sentiment was from the same set. I've had this set for many, many years and this may be the first time I've ever used it!


Just like the first one, except with pink hearts and another matting layer. I had stamped this one first, but the ink had not stamped well - it had pooled on the stamps and not stamped well at all, even though I tried stamping it about three times, using my MISTI, of course. I just set it aside to use the back of it for something else. Well, lo and behold - when I came back to it a few days later, it looked great! I know that Gina always talks about her inks having a "smoothing agent" and I guess it works! So, I added the sentiment (this time over the light pink squares) and added the layering.

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are both so pretty. I like the extra matting on the second one. It's good to know about Gina K inks' smoothing agent. I've not heard of that before.

Leslie Miller said...

What the what?? A smoothing agent? Well, I'll be! Both cards are perfect and so, so pretty!